Although weather conditions have improved compared to last weekend, multiple areas remain under evacuation due to the Oregon and California wildfire.If you’re planning on traveling through those states ,the Matrix team suggests you to do it with extreme caution. Be prepared for road conditions to change quickly.
The California Department of Transportation reported at 11 p.m. Tuesday:
Interstate 5 has reopened to northbound traffic at north Yreka after it was closed Tuesday afternoon due to the Glendower Fire and Almeda Drive Fire in Southern Oregon.
Southbound I-5 from Oregon to the California border also is open.
Here is a running list of road closures, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation and county officials:
- In the Almeda fire area, Highway 99 remains closed to the public between South Valley View Road north of Ashland to Garfield Street in south Medford.
- In the Obenchain fire area north of Eagle Point, Highway 62 is closed at Highway 234 stretching north through Shady Cove to the Tiller-Trail junction.
- For the Archie fire and Diamond Lake area fires, Highway 138 East remains closed from Glide east to the junction with Highway 230.
- Two Four Two Fire (Klamath County)–Modoc Point Rd from highway 62 to milepost 1, highway 62 from milepost 94 to milepost 100, and highway 422 north from highway 97 to highway 62.
- Oregon 140, 1 mile west of Lakeview MP 95 – 96
- U.S. 199, 2 miles south of O’Brien MP 38 – 42
- Oregon 242, 6 miles west of Sisters MP 85 – 55
- Oregon 226, 3 miles west of Lyons MP 22
- Oregon 126, intersection with Santiam Highway U.S. 20 MP 0 – 13
- Oregon 126, 3 miles west of Walterville MP 10 – 55
- Oregon 18, intersection with Oregon Coast Highway U.S. 101 MP 0 – 8
- Oregon 213, intersection with Woodburn – Estacada Highway Oregon 211 MP 16
- Oregon 224, Eagle Creek MP 18 – 50
- Oregon 22, 7 miles West of Mehama MP 16 – 81
- Oregon 211, Estacada MP 33 – 11
California closures include Highway 1, 8 L.A. County parks, 29 state parks and 18 national forests
- A northbound I-5 exit remains closed six miles north of Ashland.Exit 21 is closed to all northbound and southbound traffic, the ODOT says.
- I-5 Talent Exit 21 remains closed.Also, I-5 Phoenix Exit 24 is closed to the west, but open to the east. No pedestrians will be allowed to cross I-5 Exit 24 Phoenix.
- Highway 1 from Gorda to 6.2 miles north of Slates Hot Springs.(Because of that closure, northbound drivers can’t reach the Monterey County coast via Nacimiento-Fergusson Road, either.)
“These temporary closures are necessary to protect the public and our firefighters, and we will keep them in place until conditions improve and we are confident that national forest visitors can recreate safely,” regional forester Randy Moore said in the release.
Many local roads are closed due to downed trees or power lines. In order to be aware of latest road closures and conditions Click here.